Making a Complaint
The complaint must satisfy the following conditions:
- the allegation is of a breach of a specific clause or clauses of the relevant Ethical System of PTUK in force at the time the alleged breach occurred; or gives details of the alleged breach of Professional Conduct that contravenes the minimum standard of good practice outlined in the Ethical Framework for Play, Creative Arts and Filial Play.
- it is brought either by a member of the public seeking or using a service provided by a member OR by a current member of PTUK or PTI.
- the individual or organisational Member Complained Against is named AND is a current member of PTUK AND was a member of PTUK at the time the alleged breach occurred
- it is in writing, signed and received by the Chief Executive of PTUK.
A complaint not satisfying the above conditions will be rejected.
The Member Complained Against will be notified that a complaint has been received, given a copy of that complaint and details of the procedure to be followed. The Member Complained Against is not required to respond at this stage, but will be given an opportunity at a later stage if the complaint is accepted under the formal Professional Conduct Procedure.
- the complaint will be submitted to a Pre-Hearing Assessment Panel of the Professional Conduct Panel, not less than three persons appointed by the Chief Executive
- the Pre-Hearing Assessment Panel will decide whether to accept the complaint to be dealt with at a Professional Conduct Hearing, refer it back for further information/clarification, or reject it. The panel has discretion to interview the Complainant and/or Member Complained Against if deemed appropriate
- if further information/clarification is requested, upon receipt of same, the complaint will be re-submitted to the Pre-Hearing Assessment Panel which will decide whether to accept it to be dealt with at a Professional Conduct Hearing, or reject it
- once the complaint is accepted to be dealt with at a Professional Conduct Hearing, the Chief Executive will start the formal Professional Conduct Procedure
- if the complaint is rejected by the Pre-Hearing Assessment Panel, the Complainant and Member Complained Against will be formally notified in writing. The decision of the Pre-Hearing Assessment Panel will be final
Back to Professional Conduct Procedure